TMG Construction Management, Inc. is seeking a qualified and experienced Business Manager. We were founded in 2007 and currently operate in ten states, providing commercial construction management services primarily for the restaurant industry. We are fast-paced, energetic, focused on quality, and adhere to the very simple principle that everyone on the team matters.
The Business Manager will oversee the financial functions of the company. They will work closely with business owners and project managers to ensure proper billing and accounting of all construction projects. To be successful in this role, the Business Manager must have experience in the construction industry and the ability to complete tasks timely and accurately. They must also complete complex tasks independently or with a team and communicate effectively with others. They must have the proven ability to be self-motivated, meet deadlines, be detail and accuracy-oriented, and have excellent multi-tasking skills. This position will also supervise one administrative employee.
This position will report to the company’s headquarters, located in the Noblesville, IN office; but may occasionally work remotely as needed.
- Oversee the invoicing process with Project Management, creating monthly cost reports, reviewing invoices and managing the collection and posting of customer payments
- Ensure the proper collection of timecard and expense data and process payroll bi-weekly for all employees
- Oversee the payables process, ensuring proper documentation, approval, and posting for all A/P payments per vendor contracts
- Onboard new employees, including the new employee orientation and completion of new hire paperwork
- Manage employee equipment distribution, email accounts, and other internal IT functions and phone support
- Maintain a detailed equipment list of company equipment and other assets
- Administer benefit plans for eligible employees
- Obtain and manage business, construction, and other licenses, maintaining the company’s compliance calendar to ensure proper renewals as needed
- Maintain cash accounts and banking responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with bankers, vendors, customers, and internal construction staff
- Complete monthly closing entries in Quickbooks and WIP schedules to ensure timely and accurate financial statements
- Work with the outside CPA firm to properly plan and prepare required tax filings
- Prepare and present the information needed for annual general liability and workers compensation insurance audits
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management
- A minimum of 3 years of construction accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Must be able to effectively manage administrative staff to meet deadlines
- Must be organized, resourceful, and able to multi-task
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently or with a team
If you possess the qualifications and experience listed above, please apply for this position by sending the following items to Tammy Goins at tgoins [at] tmgcm.com.
- Cover Letter: Please detail why you are interested in the position and why you believe you would be a good fit.
- Resume: Chronological Order, explaining any gaps in employment
For more information about TMG Construction Management, Inc., please see our website: www.tmgcm.com
Your information will remain confidential.