We are seeking a Project Manager who has 1-3 years of experience managing retail and/or restaurant construction projects, and who would like to learn all aspects of managing more complex projects from the conceptual stage to the business opening. Some college is preferred but not necessary. (Please do not apply if you have no experience managing commercial construction projects. Residential experience will not be considered.) The ideal candidate would describe him/herself as a fast-learner who is customer-focused, self-motivated, detail-oriented, conscientious, efficient, humble, and trustworthy. This position is located at our office in Noblesville, IN.
The purpose of this position is to perform the full range of project management activities for commercial projects of a smaller or less complex scope, while also assisting the Senior Project Manager with coordination of larger, more complex projects.
Pre-Construction duties include:
- Performs all pre-construction duties independently for assigned projects. Assists Senior Project Manager (“Sr. PM”) with pre-construction duties on larger projects.
- Attends meetings with clients and designers/architects during design and permitting phases, takes notes, and ensures that all follow-up items are addressed afterward.
- Researches municipal requirements, permit requirements and schedules, and potential impact/tap fees. Compiles data for review.
- Identifies and qualifies potential subcontractors and suppliers that can meet project requirements.
- Manages subcontractor and vendor pricing phase including schedule, distribution of documents, issuance of addenda, and receipt of pricing.
- Completes material and labor take-offs as needed.
- Receives and evaluates proposals to help develop the project budget.
- Attends meetings with client to review budgets, and recommend and review value engineering options.
- Develops construction schedule.
- Reviews preliminary architectural/engineering drawings. Determines efficiencies and changes that should be made. Ensures changes are incorporated into drawings.
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages, sends invitations, and receives/tracks bids. Responds to and tracks RFI’s, and answers subcontractor questions during the bidding process.
Project Management duties include:
- Performs all project management duties independently for assigned projects. Assists Sr. PM with project management duties on larger projects.
- Negotiates with and secures subcontractors and vendors.
- Reviews any client documentation requirements for the project and implements as required.
- Collaborates with on-site field staff to ensure successful progress of the project. Assists in resolving issues with subcontractors as needed. Coordinates completion of punch items at the close of the project.
- Processes and tracks shop drawings, product data, samples and other submittals for review and approval by architect and client.
- Maintains current records of all construction documents.
- Conducts regular site progress meetings with field staff and client.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor invoices and change orders.
- Provides information to assist with the creation of client billings.
- Completes all closeout documentation required by the client.
- Coordinates all warranty work as needed after project closeout.
Please feel free to visit our website at www.tmgcm.com to learn more about our company.
If you feel that this role and our company fit your experience and personality, we want to hear from you. Please forward your resume with a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your salary requirements to email@example.com for consideration.