The Superintendent oversees all daily construction activities of the project on-site. Partnering with the Project Manager, this position is responsible for the progress of the project, as well as the scheduling of subcontractors, and the delivery of equipment and materials. Works with subcontractors to complete projects within the given budget and time frame. Schedules utilities and inspections. Assesses the work of others and makes corrections as needed. Creates thorough daily field log reports. Ensures and maintains a safe work environment according to OSHA standards. May perform or assist with finish work requiring carpentry skills, such as door hanging, caulking, décor installation, trim installation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Reports to a Division Manager.
- Must be willing to travel full-time, anywhere within Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, or Texas.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience supervising commercial construction projects on-site.
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced environments. Restaurant and/or retail construction experience is preferred. Projects typically last 60-90 days on average. Someone who prefers slower-paced projects will not do well in this position.
- Functional carpentry skills with a general understanding of other trades
- Professional conduct and communication skills. Possess exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills to coordinate daily activities of subcontractors and suppliers
- Complete and thorough understanding of construction specifications and drawings, and familiarity with a variety of construction practices
- Ability to effectively plan own work and manage and direct the work of others
- Independent, self-starter able to work under pressure
- Comfortable with technology: smartphone, laptop/tablet, Microsoft Office products, email
- OSHA 10 or 30 preferred.
- Actively displays all of our Core Values: http://www.tmgcm.com/about-us/
To Apply: Email resume to email@example.com