Seeking: Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager provides administrative support to the construction team to ensure that all projects are managed efficiently and effectively. Responsibilities will focus mainly on the pre-construction and close-out phase of each project. The ideal candidate is looking to gain more experience in all aspects of commercial construction with a rapidly growing firm. Must be a fast learner who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, conscientious, efficient, humble, and trustworthy. The goal of this position is to learn the values, skills, and processes specific to our company culture to grow into the Project Manager role.
- High School diploma with at least one year of experience working within a commercial construction environment, or related college degree and at least one internship experience.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of commercial projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and CAD.
- The position is located at our office in Noblesville, IN. Occasional travel out-of-state, sometimes overnight, is required.
- Research municipal, business, and contractor licensing requirements. Research permit requirements and municipal fees. Compile data and reports for review.
- Complete material and labor take-offs; obtain pricing from owner-specified vendors.
- Review preliminary architectural/engineering drawings with PM. Determine efficiencies and changes that should be made. Ensure changes are incorporated into drawings.
- Review plans and specifications with PM to determine the scope of the proposed project.
- Identify, contact, and qualify new subcontractors and vendors; build bidding lists; track and follow up on RFPs and RFIs.
- Review subcontractor proposals with PM.
- Locate, secure, and schedule delivery of general conditions to the site (dumpsters, equipment, storage containers, etc.)
- Review close-out requirements and track these items during construction for efficient close-out.
- Pick up and deliver documents, materials, and tools to job sites, as needed.
- Attend site meetings with PM during construction. Take notes. Assist PM with addressing follow-up items discussed in meetings.
If you meet these requirements and feel you would be a great fit for this role and our team, please email the following items to Tammy Goins (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover Letter: Please detail:
- 1) reason(s) you are interested in the position
- 2) why you believe you would be a good fit
- Résumé: Chronological Order, explaining any gaps in employment and including salary history