Seeking: Traveling Superintendent
The Superintendent oversees all daily construction activities of the project on-site. Partnering with the Project Manager, this position is responsible for the progress of the project, as well as the scheduling of subcontractors, and the delivery of equipment and materials. Works with subcontractors to complete projects within the given budget and time frame. Schedules utilities and inspections. Assesses the work of others and makes corrections as needed. May perform or assist with finish work requiring carpentry skills, such as door hanging, caulking, décor installation, trim installation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Reports to Operations Manager.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience supervising commercial construction projects, on-site.
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced environments. Restaurant and/or retail construction experience is preferred. Projects typically last 60-90 days on average. Someone who prefers slower-paced projects will not do well in this position.
- Must be willing to travel full-time, anywhere within Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, or Texas.
- Functional carpentry skills with a general understanding of other trades
- Professional conduct and communication skills. Possess exceptional communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills to coordinate daily activities of subcontractors and suppliers
- Complete and thorough understanding of construction specifications and drawings, and familiarity with a variety of construction practices
- Ability to effectively plan own work and manage and direct the work of others
- Independent, self-starter able to work under pressure
- Comfortable with technology: smartphone, laptop/tablet, Microsoft Office products, email, Viewpoint
- Actively displays all of our Core Values: http://www.tmgcm.com/about-us/
If you meet these requirements and feel you would be a great fit for this role and our team, please email the following items to Tammy Goins (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover Letter: Please detail:
- 1) reason(s) you are interested in the position
- 2) why you believe you would be a good fit
- Résumé: Chronological Order, explaining any gaps in employment and including salary history